7.13.2011

Neon and Pearls




Tank Top and Skirt - Loft, Jacket - VS, Earrings - Lane Bryant, Necklace - Made it myself, Bracelets - NY&CO,
Sandals - Gift (Steve Madden)

I love this skirt from the Loft. However, when I first tried it on it sat lower than I wanted it to, even though it was a size smaller than what I normally wear. Also, the lining was too tight, therefore making it rather ill fitting. I loved the skirt enough to do something about all of this, plus I had a rewards card so I got it for $0!
I cut the lining out and now wear a slip with it (it's pretty sheer in real life). I also put 4 darts in the waistband to create a more flattering fit.
Lesson in all of this? Don't judge an article of clothing the first time you try it on. Ask yourself...How much do I love this, and, is it worthwhile having tailored.

Happy shopping, tailoring, and hump day!

No comments: