7.05.2011

Baby, you're a firework...

C'mon let your colors burst....

I guess I'm still in July 4th mode.


This is a simple and comfortable outfit I would wear for just about any occasion. In my opinion, city or bermuda shorts are super versatile. Pay attention to length. The ideal length for everyone is right above the knee, but no longer than the bend of your knee. (I have all mine shortened) I tend to purchase them in dressier fabrics so I can wear them to work. 


I do love this whole slouchy shirt and sweater trend. Does it work for everyone? Here are a few tips to make it work for you...If you are short like I am (only 5'2") make sure the top narrows in at your waist so you don't look short and sloppy. If you are tall you can get away with a looser fit and still have a waistline. If you carry weight in your tummy or have a bigger chest this top is a great way to minimize these areas. As a general rule, always go down a size from what you normally buy. It can also wear worn as an off the shoulder top. Happy Shopping!

Sweater and Earrings - Express, Shorts and Camisole - Limited, Bracelets - NY&CO and Runway Rags (boutique in New Phila., OH), Necklace - Homespun Treasures (local store), Sandals - Steve Madden

No comments: