7.24.2012

maxi dress and scarf


I love a maxi dress but they are certainly harder to find (and wear) for someone who is 5'2" and has curves. I found this dress a few years ago and bought it (for $6 with rewards cards) because I loved the color and print. The fit however, was not perfect. I did some major tailoring and was very happy with the results. I shortened the shoulder straps a few inches, shortened the hem, took the skirt off the bodice and took out fullness in the skirt (it was just too much fabric for me), giving it a much "leaner" fit. 

When deciding if something is worth tailoring, ask yourself the question...How much do I love it and how much more am I willing to spend on having it tailored.




Dress and Earrings - Express
Scarf and Shoes - Aldo
Bracelet - Loft
Rings - Homespun Treasures (local store)
Handbag - Zara


3 comments:

Elsa Gervasi said...

Hi darling! I really love the incredible colorfull dress, and I really love too your gorgeous hair and clutch. You're so beautiful in all the photos. Thanks a lot for your comment in my blog. A big kiss :)

Teodora said...

I love the end result - it is amazing on you. I wish my experience is as expected:

http://teodoraslookbook.com/2012/05/happy-stripes.html

Annachiara Savio said...

gooorgeous :D and LOOOVE your hair :DDDD