2.07.2013

there are rules to breaking rules


If you have ever asked me "how do I know what boots to wear with what tights/leggings/pants" you know my response generally is "match your tights/leggings/pants to your boots, it will give you a longer leg line and it's thought process free".
Well, rules are meant to be broken, right?! Like a store associate and I were discussing recently; there are rules to breaking rules. In this case I chose to wear black skinny pants with tan boots. Why? Mostly because I wanted to but it also works since I have shades of tan in my tee and scarf. 
I rarely do this since I carry my weight in my tush and hips and a "non-matching" combination can tend to emphasize this. What do you think? Do you prefer matching combinations? 


Tee - Forever 21
Chambray Shirt - Madewell
Pants - Express
Scarf - Homespun Treasures (local store)
Bracelets - street vendor
Boots - Cole Haan
Sunglasses - BCBG Max Azria

No comments: