1.13.2014

travel outfits...

Here are the 5 outfits I wore last week to work in NYC. 
When traveling for work I typically pack a carry-on only. Yes, it's about the only time I'm a minimalist.

"How do you do it?" is a question I get asked all the time. So here are a few of my tips...
#1 Plan your outfits very strategically. Don't think you have to pack every new piece of clothing in your wardrobe.
#2 Wear your bottoms more than once, and re-use jackets and sweaters if possible.
#3 Try to only take 2 pair of shoes/boots. I know some of you are freaking out right now. I took 3 on this trip simply because I had extra room.
#4 Take at least one or two scarves that will go with everything. I also do this in the summer as I tend to get cold on the airplane.
#5 Take or wear accessories that will go with most of your outfits.
I take pictures of all my outfits as I prepare them so there is never a question why I brought something. And I just don't have to do any extra thinking in the morning, which is always a plus for me.

Now for the actual packing...
I fold and roll everything (like little sausages), put them into Travel Space Bags, squeezing the air out which will give you 2 - 3 times the amount of space in your suitcase. I never travel without them. I pack my extra shoes in a cheap cloth bag; to keep them from getting scratched, etc... I have travel sizes of all my liquids and simply refill them as needed. I put all these in a clear bag, which I pack in my purse so I don't have to dig it out of my carry-on when going through security. 

I hope this helps for the next time you travel. I would love to hear any tips and hints you have when traveling.
Happy trails!

I have another post here on travel tips and packing.



Day 1 - Travel and Working for Bfearless
Dress, Jacket and Earrings - Bfearless (local boutique)
Scarf - Express
Watch - Michael Kors
Boots - Aldo
Handbag - Zara
Glasses - Vogue from Berlin Family Eyecare

Day 2 - Working for Bfearless
Polka Dot Shirt - Express
Leather Pants, Denim Shirt and Accessories - Bfearless
Watch - Michael Kors
Boots - Biala from Nordstrom
Glasses - Kate Spade from Berlin Family Eyecare

Day 3 - Working for Bfearless
Tank Top - thrifted
Sweater, Leather Pants, Scarf and Accessories - Bfearless
Watch - Michael Kors
Boots - Same Edelman from Piperlime

Day 4 - Working with clients, closet and shopping.
Tee, Sweater, Mavi Jeans, Scarf and Accessories - Bfearless
Boots - Sam Edelman

Day 5 - Travel
Sweater - Forever 21
Scarf - Express
Mavi Jeans and Accessories - Bfearless
Boots - Aldo

No comments: